Page 1 of 1

Seat Slip Covers

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:17 pm
by blackbeauty
Hello All,
I'm new to the forum and want to start by saying hello to everyone.
Just got my 1958 Buick Special 4dr back from paint (satin black with a pearl white roof) I want to see if there are any stock seat covers I can slip over my existing seats.
The original seats are ripped in some areas I'm not ready to get them re-upholster just yet.
Any help would be great. Also has anyone done door panels. Process, tools, good tips you may have, I'd appricate the help.

Thanks again and will be post picks of the car as I go along.
Blackbeauty

Re: Seat Slip Covers

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:07 pm
by dvonk
i picked up a NOS pair of seat covers [front & back] on ebay for my 4dr Special [43]. if you keep an eye out, every once in a while they'll show up. i just got lucky that they were the right color to match my interior. they are also interchangeable with a few select GM makes/models. i still have the original box, i believe it has some other compatible models listed if you'd like me to check, to help you widen your search... or perhaps someone else here knows off the top of their head?

Re: Seat Slip Covers

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:30 am
by blackbeauty
dvonk- thanks for the reply. If it's not to much trouble to see what other models that might help me I'd much applicate it.
Thanks again.

Re: Seat Slip Covers

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:44 pm
by dvonk
i copied this from the original seat cover box:

Buick.............1955-58....Special 4dr. Hardtop Model 43
Buick.............1951-58....Special 4dr. Sedan Model 41
Chevrolet.......1955-56....All 4dr. Sedans & 4dr. Hardtops
Oldsmobile....1955-58...."88" & Super "88" 4dr. Hardtops
Oldsmobile....1952-58...."88" & Super "88" 4dr. Sedans
Oldsmobile....1951..........Super "88" 4dr. Sedans
Pontiac..........1955-57....All 4dr. Sedans & 4dr. Hardtops

i am uncertain if these seat covers were manufactured in 1958 or if they were manufactured later... i.e., they may also possibly fit later makes/models that werent yet in production at the time these seat covers were manufactured.
hope this helps you find some covers!

Re: Seat Slip Covers

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:48 am
by blackbeauty
Thanks for the info. I'll look into it. I'll keep everyone up to date on the progress. Hope to have images of the car up soon too.
Again thanks.

Re: Seat Slip Covers

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:24 am
by dvonk
no problem, good luck finding covers. we'll look forward to seeing pics!