Page 1 of 1

CARS, Inc. Floor Pans - Good or Bad?

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:06 pm
by Smartin
I am needing to replaced some spots in the floor of my car, and could use some advice on whether the panels that CARS offers are worth it or not. I am busting my butt trying to shape new metal in the spots that are rusted...and pulling my hair out in the process. I really need the passenger sides front and back. I could probably get away without the drivers side panels.

Re: CARS, Inc. Floor Pans - Good or Bad?

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:18 pm
by Smartin
Anyone?

Re: CARS, Inc. Floor Pans - Good or Bad?

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:05 am
by 58limited
My experience with CARS is that their parts are good and correct. I don't think you will go wrong, be sure to use POR-15 or a good rust inhibitor after they are welded in.

Re: CARS, Inc. Floor Pans - Good or Bad?

Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:44 pm
by Nailhead58
I could be wrong, but I believe these are the same floor pans you can buy through http://www.classicfabrication.com. Pricing is close both places, and you may learn a little more by visiting their website before you commit to anything. Another resource you might check is a tech article on http://www.webrodder.com entitled "Buick Eight Fireball, part 4: Replacing front floor pans". Classic Fabrication's floor pans were used on this project, and should provide some good information. Good luck.

Eric

Re: CARS, Inc. Floor Pans - Good or Bad?

Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:49 pm
by Smartin
I have decided to use the Classic Fabrication floor pans. They are $30 cheaper EACH. I also ordered outer rockers from the Rocker King. Those should be here in a couple weeks.