Trunk Pan

Paint, sheet metal, hood ornaments, trim, emblems, seats, carpet, dashboards, etc.

Trunk Pan

Postby victoslik » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:41 pm

Hello anybody out there? Just wondering what others would consider a fair price and where they would draw the line when buying a trunk pan from a yard?
My pan and rear filler panel are just totally gone along with the double wall section that the rear most body bolts go through. The one in the yard is remarkably solid save for the spare tire well being caved in upward from bottom and rusted through. Didn't find any other holes in pan or filler as it sits and I beat on it quite thoroughly.
This yard deals in old car resto parts exclusively so price is top dollar but they will cut at seam above axle up through wheel wells and inner trunk sides to back to include filler complete without taking away from 1/4s any more than necessary. My Super will never be cherry just too far gone for a realistic budget. Debating on fabbing a pan and going with a fuel cell as mine came w/o fuel tank. I've had to buy 4 pc floor pans from the outfit on ebay and do a lot of piecing in on the floorboards to boot.Any thoughts anybody care to share? Thanls ....victor
victoslik

Re: Trunk Pan

Postby Smartin » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:23 pm

I would search out the internet for someone with a 57 or 58 Super/Roadmaster parts car you can cannibalize before I paid top dollar. I would guess they want somewhere around the $4-500 mark for the floor?
Smartin
'58 Buick Addict

Re: Trunk Pan

Postby victoslik » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:21 am

Yes $450 for the trunk floor, 250 for the filler panel with maybe a price break buying both in one pc. I hate the idea of paying that much (esp. considering the toll that cutting it out of one and welding into another will take on 50 yr old sheetmetel) about the same as i do the idea of piecing together everything under the deck lid from flat stock. I think I'm gonna hold out a little while see if I can find any better options, thanks.
victoslik

Return to Body, Trim, Interiors