Parts needed

Place your messages for parts or cars wanted in this forum. If you have something to sell, you may want to see if someone is already looking for it here. If you find what you needed, please post a reply to the original message that you got it. All posts over 90 days old will be deleted.

Parts needed

Postby PDR521 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:12 am

Hi This is my first post to the group. I am based in Australia and am restoring a 1958 Buick two door hardtop. Buicks are not real common in Australia and I have only seen one other so I will be asking a lot of silly question as time goes by.

The car I am restoring has some interior parts missing and I was wondering if somebody might be able to suggest where I might start looking.

The parts I am looking are passenger side eyebrow, drivers side window, both door reveal moldings, rear windscreen inside reveal moldings. Any suggestions??

Thanks and regards
Peter
PDR521

Re: Parts needed

Postby 58limited » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:24 pm

Welcome to the group. What model of '58 Buick do you have? There were two body sizes in '58: small series and large series. Special and Century are small series. Super, Roadmaster, and Limited are large series. This will make a difference on most of the parts you are looking for.

The door/side windows are flat glass, you should be able to have a glass shop cut them for you (or are you also missing the chrome surrounding the glass?).
1958 Buick Limited Riviera Coupe Model 755

Other cars:
1953 Chevrolet 3100 Pickup
1957 Pontiac Transcontinental Safari
1968 Ford Galaxie 500 HT
1977 Lincoln Continental Convertible
58limited
Site Admin

Postby PDR521 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:14 am

Hi Thanks for the reply. The car I have is a Special two door hardtop. I am missing the complete window - frame, glass - everything.

Regards
Peter
PDR521

Postby BillS » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:28 pm

Peter,
There is a very active Buick Club in Australia. They are members of the Buick Club of America. There are a number of members that have 58s there. I believe they have a web site. These members may be a lot of help to find parts. I have had contact with some of the members several years ago. Hopefully some will be near you.
Bill
AZ Buicks
BillS

Return to Wanted