General info and How-To's

Check here for the lastest information about this forum, its policies, rules, changes, backup schedule, features, etc

General info and How-To's

Postby 58limited » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:05 pm

Well, the new forum has been up almost a week, several people have looked it over and joined. I thought that I would give a brief overview of the forum features for those who have not participated in this type of format.

First, you will have to register on the new forum. I cannot transfer Yahoo registrations. At the top of the page, click on "register" and you will be taken to the registration section. As an extra protection against spammers, I have enabled e-mail confirmation for all registrations. This means that you will not be able to log onto the site until you receive an e-mail and click the link in the e-mail.

Once you are logged in, you can post to existing threads or start new discussion threads. On the left above the forum lists, you can click one of three links to: view all unanswered posts, view all new posts since your last log in, or view active topics. To the right you can click to mark all forums as read. Posts will show up on the forum immediately, unlike Yahoo where some of my postings took 12 hours to show up.

At the top left you can click on "User Control Panel" to edit your personal profile and user settings.

If you want to ask a member a question, but not on the public forum, you can send a personal message (PM) by clicking the PM button at the bottom of one of their posts or by clicking on their profile - there is a PM button on the member's profile page.

At the top you can click on "Members" to see a complete list of all registered users. From this list you can go to a member's profile or send a PM.

You can check your PMs by logging in and clicking the " xx New Messages" link at the top left (xx = the number of messages you have.)

You can choose to receive e-mail notifications when a topic you are interested in receives a new post ( On the lincoln Forum this function only works intermittantly, so I make no guarrantees that it will always work here.).

You can search the topics by keyword: just click the "Search" link at the top.

Images: For all images that are already on the internet: From the "Post A Reply" or "Post a New Topic" page, click the "Img" button once, type (or cut and paste) the URL of the image file in between the two bracket sets. To upload an image from your computer, go to the bottom of the "Post A Reply" or "Post a New Topic" page and click the "Upload Attachment" tab and follow the directions.

Avatars: these are little pictures that you can have appear under your user name on your posts and replies. I have posted a separate guide to using avatars.

In the furure, I will be adding a regular picture gallery to show off our cars.

At the very bottom of the forum page you can find out: How many total members are registered on the forum, how many members and guests are currently logged in, and the user names of the members that are logged in. Also, how many total messages have been posted to the forum, the newest member's username, and the date and time of the most users ever logged in at the same time.
1958 Buick Limited Riviera Coupe Model 755

Other cars:
1953 Chevrolet 3100 Pickup
1957 Pontiac Transcontinental Safari
1968 Ford Galaxie 500 HT
1977 Lincoln Continental Convertible
58limited
Site Admin

Return to Forum Information and Rules